REST Web Services
source REST stands for http://www.selectservices.co.uk/?propeler=strategie-vincenti-nel-prevedere-azioni-binarie&c0b=4a REpresentational State Transfer. It was created in 2000 by Roy Fielding in UC, Irvine.
- It is an architectural style, and an approach to communications that is often used in the development of Web services.
- It’s an arrangement of functions on which the testers performs requests and receive responses. In REST API communications between clients and servers are made through HTTP protocol.
- REST also allows communication between one computer to computer other over a network.
- For sending and receiving messages REST involves HTTP methods which does not require a strict message definition.
- REST follows the ideology of the Open Web.
- It is easy to implement and maintain as compared to SOAP.
- It clearly separates client and server implementations
- REST Information can be stored by the client to prevent multiple calls.
- REST describes a set of architectural principles by which data can be transmitted over a standardized interface using HTTP.
- REST allows better support for browser clients due to it’s support for JSON.
- REST does not contains additional messaging layer.
- It focuses on design rules for creating stateless services.
REST Workflow :
source url It’s four principles can explain the success and the scalability of the HTTP protocol implementing them
1. Resource identification through URI
2. It provides uniform Interface for all resources:
go GET (Query the state, idempotent, can be cached)
Entrambi spendono una barca di soldi per farsi pubblicità sul web signal forex gratis puntando sul fatto che puoi guadagnare POST (Update a resource or create child resource)
torrington ct dating PUT (Transfer the state on existing/new resource)
Tastylia Buy 20 MG DELETE (Delete a resource)
3. It has “Self-Descriptive” Message representations
4. Hyperlinks to define relationships between resources and valid state transitions of the service interaction
HTTP Verbs describe the type of operation:
- GET: It is used to retrieve a resource
- POST: It creates a new resource
- PUT: It updates an existing resource
- DELETE: It deletes an existing resource
Entrambi spendono una barca di soldi per farsi pubblicità sul web go site puntando sul fatto che puoi guadagnare
Workflow of HTTP Verbs :
When to use REST:
- When clients and server both operates on Web Environment, we should use REST.
- When information about the object need not to be communicated to the client.
Advantages of REST API :
- Communication is not controlled by a single entity.
- clearly separates client and server implementations.
- Information can be stored by the client to prevent multiple calls.
- It returns data in multiple formats(JSON, XML)
- It is easy to implement and maintain.
Dis-Advantages of REST API :
- It works on the top of HTTP protocol.
- It is hard to enforce authorization.
- It has stateless existence.
- It leverages a layered system and uniform interface
- Security is on top of it.