Steps to install Maven Plugin in Eclipse
There are two ways to install maven:
- Installing Maven using command line
- Installing Maven using Eclipse IDE
Here in this post, we will discuss how to install Maven using Eclipse IDE.
- Launch Eclipse IDE
- Click on Help
- Click on Install New Software
- Click Add button at top right corner
- Enter Add Repository “Name” as “Maven“
- Enter “Location” as http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases
- Click on OK
- It will download Maven Integration Plugin
- Click on “Select All” and click “Next”.
- Accept License and Click on “Finish“.
- Restart Eclipse
After successful installation performs the followings steps in Eclipse:
- Go to “Window” –> “Preferences“
- Observe, “Maven” is enlisted at left panel
Convert Java Project into Maven:
- Click on an existing project
- Select Configure –> “Convert to Maven Project”
Hope you successfully installed Maven inside your Eclipse IDE.